Wednesday, October 6, 2010

silly things and not so silly things all in one

I wouldn't have pinned her for picking it, but she did. This she is one of my best friends miss Emily Bryant. She is going to be famous someday. Not really sure what for, but she will be and she will handle it very well and take me shopping and out to fancy restuarants while I decorate her house. Yep that is the plan.
Oh right...what she picked.

"I love this. It reminds me of the library from beauty and the beast except much smaller. Recreate this for me with a classy vintage feel?" -Emily
This picture is slightly lodge-y and masculine without being themed and this is why I wouldn't have expected her to pick it. She has very sophisticated and big taste (my description doesn't really do it justice, but I will see things and say..."that is so emily") and romantic. I am talking full wall drapery, jewel tones and creams, soft flowy fabrics like silk and velvet, chandeliers, golds, and vintage. You get the gist, right? However, she will likely read this and think I am mental?

Personally I picture a library as being warm and cozy and piled with antique books. Her favorite things about this picture were the fireplace and the shelves. So I thought about a color palette and bounced it off of her. I was thinking woods and browns/golds, deep purple (jewel tone), and muted greens and creams. So a picture popped in my mind that I saw in Domino a while back and I personally think it is a wonderful jumping off point when placed next to the original she pulled.

Just imagine it with more shelving, a sliding ladder, furniture, and candlesticks, teacups, and a grandfather clock oh my!
I crack my self up.
And I know this is a really random thought..ok not all that random, BUT when on the subject of Beauty and the Beast, I think of the line "I use antlers in all of my decorating!" in a song. Here are a couple pics that deserve this quote as a caption.



Perfection.


Oh and here is, for the first time ever, SILLY THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER DO....
"Butterfly kisses"
I love iron railings and all that jazz, but please oh please just don't put shapes that look like noses and then have them touch each other.
Everyone say hello to Ann. "Hi Ann!!"
Check out her blog...it is ballin!

1 comment:

  1. I like the room Emily likes. When I was trying to think of the kind of room I liked, this is close to what I was thinking - C.S. Lewis - books - cozy - close - but with a view to the outside world.

    ReplyDelete