Thursday, September 2, 2010

Audrey Hepburn

I am back!
No, I did not die. I just decided I would take a fall off the planet for a little bit. It was fun. I had a few naps, had some coffee, an air head or two, and some other sick stuff like homework and doing cartwheels (and ultimately failing at said cartwheels).

Inspiration. It can be anything...anything.
Just in case you don't know her (which you should, and I would be a little disappointed if you didn't), this is Audrey Hepburn. Can you say classy, sophisticated, simple, dainty, or glamorous?
Let me just point something out. Now just because the picture or movie is black and white, does not mean the entire world is also black and white. The only reason I find it necessary to point this out is because for a period of time, I believed this to be true. (This is just a tinsy bit embarassing, and I think I may be regretting mentioning it already).

This completely encompasses Audrey. It is dainty, pretty, small, elegant, classy, and must I go on.
Sometimes it can be difficult to create and entire look/ room based off of one single picture, so something I like to do is find a picture of my original inspiration, and then find other pictures that compliment my inspiration and open up more options to explore. The picture of Audrey is an obvious portrayal of what the inspiration is, and this image adds on another layer or dimension. It shows what direction I want to go with it.
So..

Here are a few options that would all work really well. They are all different, but I will explain why I chose them.
Also, none of these are mine. They are from the World Wide Web.

Well this is pretty much a literal translation of the tea cup! BUT the fireplace is what sold me. Wanna know why??
Three words. Little. Black. Dress.
It stands out and it draws in the eye and adds visual interest to the room. The wallpaper is very girly and dainty. The pictures are arranged symmetrically and come off structured. The vases that are just in front of the opening are modern and tailored. Perf!
Not much to say here. It is high end and glamorous and girly. Also, I adore the blush color of the flowers.

{designed by Steven Gumbrel}
This is the final option (that I have provided), and it is oh so very different. It is more old fashioned than the others. It has a vintage bohemian edge to it that the others don't. The headboards give it the timeless feel and the pillows and accessories give it the frill that it needs. The side table and light fixture are modern and tailored. Also notice the texture and pattern applied to the ceiling. Overall a very dainty bedroom that is accompanied by simplicity.

That's all I got for now.
Have a good day/ night!


No comments:

Post a Comment